Effective immediately, bicycling within the state of Florida is now illegal. The Florida House and Senate conspired last night into the early morning hours to pass a comprehensive bill that ensures bicycling on public property to be a crime. A half-asleep governor signed it into law, thinking it was a UPS delivery confirmation.
Possible punishments for bicycling include:
- Motorists honking at you
- Wind blowing against you, *both* ways
- Sunny days suddenly becoming rainy in the middle of your ride
- An increased sense of self-worth
- Better health (weight, cardiovascular, etc.)
- Increased attention span
- A better connection with the world around you
- Lots of new friends at the Bicycle Club
- And much, much more…
The USF Bicycle Club is preparing an official response to this tragedy, and vows to fight for bicyclists’ rights until that too is made illegal.